mapi.connect / mapi_connect (Second Try)

Stephen P. Morgan stephen_p_morgan at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 11 16:30:01 CET 2013

I wrote an email a few days ago to the effect that I could not get the
mapi.connect() MAL statement to work due to the server side complaining that I
had not specified the database to use.

This morning I ran one of the sample programs included with MonetDB,
clients/examples,C/sample0.c (sample0).  It seems very similar as it issues a
mapi_connect() with the database field set  to NULL.  It fails in the same way,
i.e.,

    MAPI  = monetdb at localhost:50000
    ACTION= mapi_start_talking
    ERROR = !monetdbd: please specify a database

Should mapi_connect() work with the database field set to NULL?  (If so, then
the mapi.connect() MAL statement should work, I think.)  Is there a bug in the
server that insists on the database being specified?  If there is a bug, does
anyone have a fix for this?  It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Morgan