sabdb protocol V2

Gijs Molenaar g.j.molenaar at uva.nl
Fri Mar 8 16:39:05 CET 2013

Hi MonetDB people,

I've noticed that there has been a new version (2) of the sabdb protocol
introduced. The sabdb protocol is used to send administrative command to
a monetdb server.

This breaks the Python API, which I just fixed, I'll commit it later.

But I've noticed some strange behavior, it looks like monetdb closes the
connection in some cases, not all. Specifically when I issue a status
command the connection is closed, but in other cases it is not.

I've fixed it now by reconnecting before every command, but I just
wanted to verify if that is the right way to go.

greetings,

--
Gijs Molenaar
http://www.astro.uva.nl/people/gijs-molenaar/