Strange behaviour with MonetDB

Ashish Kumar Singh ashishkumar.singh at altair.com
Tue Jan 15 09:02:46 CET 2013

Hi List ,

We are facing one strange behavior with Monetdb. We have a simple table
called test with following structure:

CREATE SEQUENCE "testtable_seq" as bigint START WITH 1;

CREATE TABLE testtable

(dim_id bigint DEFAULT NEXT VALUE FOR "testtable_seq",

dim_type varchar(100) NOT NULL,

dim_value varchar(100) NOT NULL,

CONSTRAINT unique_dimension UNIQUE(dim_type,dim_value) ,

CONSTRAINT pk_testtable PRIMARY KEY (dim_id));

We have a program which reads and writes to this table along with other
tables using JDBC.

We are facing below problems interminently:

1. When we query back data from this table with query like :

select dim_id,dim_type,dim_value from testtable where dim_type='user'
and dim_value='user1' we are getting back ID for some other value
present in testable .

2. We are also seeing duplicate values getting inserted in to this
table.

Please suggest , we are using Oct SP1 build.

Regards,

Ashish