Announcement: New Feb2013 Feature release of MonetDB suite
sjoerd at acm.org
Tue Feb 19 13:32:24 CET 2013
The MonetDB team at CWI/MonetDB BV is pleased to announce the
Feb2013 feature release of the MonetDB suite of programs.
More information about MonetDB can be found on our website at
For details on this release, please see the release notes at
As usual, the download location is <http://dev.monetdb.org/downloads/>.
Feb 2013 feature release
Testing Environment * enabled "top-level" Mtest.py So far, while
Mtest.py could be called in any subdirectory of
the MonetDB source tree (and could then run all
tests in the entire sub-tree), it was not possible
to call Mtest.py in the top-level MonetDB source
directory to run all tests. Instead, to run all
tests, Mtest.py had to be called at least 4 times,
once in each of these directories: "clients",
"monetdb5", "sql", "geom". Now, it is possible to
call Mtest.py once in the top-level MonetDB source
directory to run all tests in one go. The
behaviour of calling Mtest.py in any subdirectory,
including the four mentioned above, did not
changed, other than that now obsolete command line
options "-p / --package <package>" and "-5 /
--monetdb5" have been removed.
Java Module * merocontrol was changed to return server URIs, and
lastStop time. Connections and dbpath were
* Mapi protocol v8 support was removed from
MapiSocket. Protocol v8 has not been used by the
servers any more since Apr2012 release
Client Package * Mapi protocol v8 support was removed from all
client drivers. Protocol v8 has not been used by
the servers any more since Apr2012 release
* The tool mnc was removed from installations
* msqldump: Implmented an option (--table/-t) to
dump a single table.
* Changed msqdump's trace option to be in line with
mclient. In both cases, the long option is
--Xdebug and the short option is -X.
MonetDB5 Server * mserver5: The --dbname and --dbfarm options have
been replaced by the single --dbpath option.
* The scheduler of mserver5 was changed to use a
fixed set of workers to perform the work for all
connected clients. Previously, each client
connection had its own set of workers, easily
causing resource problems upon multiple
connections to the server.
Merovingian * Upgrade support for dbfarms from Mar2011 and
Aug2011 was dropped
* monetdb status now uses a more condensed output,
to cater for the uris being shown, and prints how
long a database is stopped, or how long ago it
* monetdb status now prints the connection uri for
each database, when available. The connections and
database path properties have been dropped.
* monetdb status now prints last crash date only if
the database has not been started since.
Bug Fixes * 2291: small doubles end up as NULL after
* 3215: Calculation Date function using interval and
* 3033: stethoscope needs better documentation
* 3084: Timestamp arithmetic very slow (especially
* 3125: Python tests fail after recent Python API
* 3172: assertion fails on table function with
subselects as parameters
* 3178: one scan is enough to implement ALGstdev_ at 1
* 3179: LIKE: batstr.like+algebra.uselect called
instead of pcre.like_filter
* 3193: Expressions not supported in the GROUP BY or
ORDER BY clause.
* 3216: "unknown property" error setting format and
width in .monetdb file
* 3217: gdk_posix fails to compile under NetBSD
* 3221: can no execute large statements
* 3227: MT_set_lock() call on an non-initialized
More information about the developers-list