default vs. Feb2013: opt_evaluate.c & mal_dataflow.c

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Mon Aug 19 10:12:48 CEST 2013

Martin,

I just merged recent changes from Feb2013 into default,
and while doing so resolved --- hopefully correctly; see below ---
some conflicts that occurred in opt_evaluate.c & mal_dataflow.c .

In fact,
(1)
I first merged up until before your changeset that
introduced the new multiple worker pools, cf.,
http://dev.monetdb.org/hg/MonetDB/rev/10125a9c3976

(2)
then merged only that very changeset, cf.,
http://dev.monetdb.org/hg/MonetDB/rev/1eea7fa4cc7c

(3)
and finally merge the rest, cf.,
http://dev.monetdb.org/hg/MonetDB/rev/3e3d7d5f8dc9

During (1), I resolved some conflicts in opt_evaluate.c due to
http://dev.monetdb.org/hg/MonetDB/rev/62ed11377998

I hope, I did this correctly.
However, there are still some differences in opt_evaluate.c
between Feb2013 & default; cf.,
hg diff -p -r Feb2013 -r default monetdb5/optimizer/opt_evaluate.c

Could you please check, whether these are OK?

During (2), I resolved some conflicts in mal_dataflow.c due to
http://dev.monetdb.org/hg/MonetDB/rev/4c47797192f4

I hope, I did this correctly.
However, there are still some differences in mal_dataflow.c
between Feb2013 & default; cf.,
hg diff -p -r Feb2013 -r default monetdb5/mal/mal_dataflow.c

Could you please check, whether these are OK?

It appears, that after (2), some tests in sql/jdbc/tests/Tests/
run into a timeout (only when run multi-threaded, i.e., not when
run single-threaded) --- I have not yet been able to find out why ...

Thanks!

| Stefan.Manegold at CWI.nl | DB Architectures   (DA) |
| www.CWI.nl/~manegold/  | Science Park 123 (L321) |
| +31 (0)20 592-4212     | 1098 XG Amsterdam  (NL) |