[Monetdb-developers] MonetDB on windows(visual studio 2010)

李珀瀚 pohanli.fudan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 01:03:26 CEST 2012

Hi :
    I am a new user and I downloaded the newest version ( MonetDB-11.11.7
).Because my main work is under windows ,

 I want to test and use MonetDB on windows, too.I know that you
supplied MonetDB5-SQL-Installer-x86_64-20120813.msi

for users to install on windows and I tried it, it worked.

    But my question is that I want to explore the source code of MonetDB ,
I download MonetDB-11.11.7.zip<http://dev.monetdb.org/downloads/sources/Latest/MonetDB-11.11.7.zip>
and
there is

a directory named NT,I entered and then enter the directory install64 , in
there I found MonetDB5-SQL-Installer.sln and I

I think this is the source which I can use to create a visual studio
project. So I used Visual Studio 2012 to open it and

then compile. The result is that I failed.

     So my question is :(1) how to trace MonetDB's source code on windows
with VS 2010 ,do you have any suggstion?

(2)After I installed MonetDB server and client , how could I debug the
server(the problem is pretty much the same as the first)?

     Thank you!

Pohan Li