Announcement: New Oct2012 Feature release of MonetDB suite
fabian at monetdb.org
Tue Oct 23 11:50:11 CEST 2012
The MonetDB team at CWI/MonetDB BV is pleased to announce the
Oct2012 feature release of the MonetDB suite of programs.
More information about MonetDB can be found on our website at
For details on this release, please see the release notes at
As usual, the download location is <http://dev.monetdb.org/downloads/>.
Due to a packaging problem on Debian and Ubuntu, no binary packages for
these systems exist. We apologise for the inconvenience. We expect
this problem to be resolved by the Oct2012-SP1 release.
Oct 2012 feature release
Build Environment * Removed --enable-noexpand configure option.
Java Module * Fixed problem with PreparedStatements and setXXX()
methods using column numbers instead of names, bug
Client Package * mclient now accepts URIs as database to connect to.
* all strings returned by python2 are unicode, removed
* python2 and 3 type convertion speed improvements
* python2 uses new style objects now (bug #3104)
* split python2 and python3
MonetDB5 Server * Removed module attach since it wasn't used or even
* The MAL-to-C Compiler (mcc) was removed. The code
wasn't tested and most likely non-functional.
Merovingian * Fixed problem where monetdbd would refuse to startup
when discovery was set to false, bug #3155
MonetDB Common * Removed the gdk_embedded (and embedded) option. The
code wasn't tested and most likely non-functional.
* BAT-of-BATs is no longer allowed. It was already not
allowed to make these types of BATs persistent, but
now they can't be created at all anymore.
Bug Fixes * 3084: Timestamp arithmetic very slow (especially on
* 3125: Python tests fail after recent Python API
* 3155: Provide an option for setting discovery to
developers-list mailing list
developers-list at monetdb.org
More information about the developers-list