[Monetdb-developers] php_monetdb.dll

suchitradaemon suchitradaemon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:10:57 CEST 2012

Hi
I want to be able to use all the SQL related functions using PHP on
monetdb. As far as I understand, the newer versions of monetdb state that
the PHP interface is completely written in PHP and need not be built. Is
this interface same as the php_mapi.in and the php_monetdb.php? If so, I
haven't seen any support for all the SQL related function like
query_params. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am new to MonetDB. I had
initially stumbled upon one of the old server reference manuals which had
indicated of an option to build monetdb for php_monetdb.dll php extension.
But then I started off with the incorrect version of the source (the
tarball) and hit all sorts of errors. Then I was told to use the HG
version. At which point I checked the windowsbuild.rst which stated that
the PHP need not be built. So I just needed a confirmation whether building
php_monetdb.dll is supported even in the latest releases or I need to make
use of the php_monetdb.php file or there's any other way of getting all the
SQL related functions? If php_monetdb.php is the answer, please let me know
how to make use of it.

Thank you
Suchitra