[Monetdb-developers] Announcement: New Jul2012 Feature release of MonetDB suite
fabian at monetdb.org
Tue Jul 17 14:00:27 CEST 2012
The MonetDB team at CWI/MonetDB BV is pleased to announce the
Jul2012 feature release of the MonetDB suite of programs.
More information about MonetDB can be found on our website at
For details on this release, please see the release notes at
As usual, the download location is <http://dev.monetdb.org/downloads/>.
Jul 2012 feature release
Build Environment * Created seperate RPM and DEB packages for
* Removed --enable-bits option from configure.
* Split the MonetDB-client-ruby RPM package into two
and named them in accordance with the Fedora
packaging guidelines as rubygem-<gem-name>.
SQL * COPY INTO now accepts optional parenthesis for file
argument. Binary COPY INTO now requires 'COPY BINARY
Client Package * ODBC: Fixed a bug where SQLNativeSql expected a
statment handle instead of a connection handle.
MonetDB5 Server * Crackers code has been removed. Development
continues in the holindex branch.
Merovingian * Fixed misc memory leaks, which caused monetdbd to
grow in memory size over time.
* Removed erroneously (re-)added master and slave
properties, this functionality is currently not
MonetDB Common * Fixed intermittent problem that joins and selects
return incorrect results and possibly inconsistent
databases. The problems only occurred after a series
of queries and updates, therefore it was hard to
* The sorted property, which was used to maintain
whether a column in a BAT was sorted or reverse
sorted, has been replaced by a pair of properties,
sorted and revsorted. These new properties can be
set independently (unlike the old sorted property),
and so if both are set, the column must be constant.
In addition, internal property checking has been
overhauled. Now, when a property is set incorrectly,
and when assertions are enabled, an assertion will
go off. There is also a function which can derive
* Implemented proper overflow checking on all
Bug Fixes * 3016: Overflowing double multiplication leads to
* 3091: Since Apr2012-SP1
undefined in: _89:any := bat.reverse(_86:wrd)
* 3099: ambiguous attributes in query with WITH clause
and EXISTS clause
* 3100: charset problem with the odbc driver for
* 3103: display_size and internal_size of
Cursor.description or incorrect
* 3105: Leaking using Python
* 3109: Wrong order in autoload mal script causes
warning on startup
* 3111: memory leak, monetdb set/get command
* 3112: Median over temporal domains
* 3113: Cannot set value of indexed column when doing
* 3114: Foreign Key prblems
* 3116: Segfault in SQL
More information about the developers-list