[Monetdb-developers] Announcement: New Dec2011-SP1 Bugfix release of MonetDB suite
fabian at monetdb.org
Wed Feb 29 11:00:39 CET 2012
The MonetDB team at CWI/MonetDB BV is pleased to announce the
Dec2011-SP1 bugfix release of the MonetDB suite of programs.
More information about MonetDB can be found on our website at
For details on this release, please see the release notes at
As usual, the download location is <http://dev.monetdb.org/downloads/>.
Dec 2011-SP1 bugfix release
Build Environment * Fixed some of the package names for Debian/Ubuntu.
Packages for libraries should contain the major
number of the library version number. This was not
always the case.
* On Debian and Ubuntu, install Python modules in
dist-packages instead of site-packages. This fixed
SQL * Fixed a crash that happened at the end of a database
upgrade to the Dec2011 database scheme. The crash
happened during cleanup after the database was
upgraded, so it was merely inconvenient.
* Stripped off implementation-specific parts from
error messages before they get presented to the
Java Module * Fixed bug in DatabaseMetaData.getSchemas() method
that caused an SQL error when called with catalog
and schema argument.
* Resolved a bug where JDBC and Control connections
could terminate abruptly with 'Connection closed'
MonetDB5 Server * Fixed potential crash by dealing better with
Merovingian * Fixed a bug in the multiplex-funnel where certain
clients would abort on responses for update queries.
* Fixed problem where version and mserver properties
for monetdbd were not always successfully retrieved.
* Fixed problem where shutdown of monetdbd would lead
to shutting down database 'control' which does not
exist. Bug #2983.
* Fixed issue causing (harmless) 'error reading from
control channel' messages. Bug #2984.
* Resolved problem where remote start/stop/etc.
commands with monetdb would report error 'OK'. Bug
Bug Fixes * 2862: foreign key self references cause violation
upon alter table add constraint...
* 2933: "TypeException: algebra.join undefined" when
evaluating EXISTS (SELECT ...) predicate
* 2946: Invalid BAT if left join condition has only
columns from right table
* 2964: LEFT OUTER JOIN with constants returns errors
* 2969: Result precision issue with Decimal data type
* 2973: Date coercion functionality tests
* 2979: misc merovingian control problems
* 2982: monetdbd status and mserver properties have
* 2983: monetdbd attempts to stop non-existing
* 2984: monetdb create/release/start/stop returns
error "OK" for remote connections
* 2995: Test geom/sql/Tests/example.sql crashes since
* 2997: monetdb-python packages installed in wrong dir
on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (lucid)
* 3004: Incorrect evaluation of conditions in WHERE
part of SQL statement
* 3009: Segmentation fault on simple query
* 3013: calc.and is not yet defined for dbl
* 3014: dayofweek comment is wrong in mtime.mx:700
* 3017: rel_bin.c:611: exp_bin: Assertion `0' failed.
with between on multicolumns
* 3020: Assertion error in debugging mode
* 3034: INNER JOIN with Subquery produces mal errors
* 3041: WHERE condition ignored after 2 LEFT JOINs
More information about the developers-list