fast bit integration into monetdb

Stanislav Seltser sseltser at soroki.com
Thu Dec 27 23:00:23 CET 2012

sorry i made a typo. i had meant integration into monetdb
the integration work fastbit  team done with monetdb  is described in 2006 white paper http://crd-legacy.lbl.gov/~kewu/ps/LBNL-61768.html . in the paper they make references to be working with core monetdb team
in changing sql parser to accomodate new index and query executor to figure out which  nodes in query plan are answerable by fastbit. they do show in the paper combined monetdb/fastbit outperforms mysql more than 500 times on text searhing and filtering and 8 times faster than original monetdb by itself. most likely monetdb 4 was the current released system in 2006..