bat bind Access kind

Ying Zhang Y.Zhang at cwi.nl
Mon Dec 10 12:27:00 CET 2012

On Dec 10, 2012, at 11:55, Tapomay Dey wrote:

> pattern bind(mvc:int, schema:str, table:str, column:str, access:int ):bat[:oid,:any_1]
> address mvc_bind_wrap
> comment "Bind the 'schema.table.column' BAT with access kind:
> 	0 - base table
> 	1 - inserts
>

> 2 - updates";
>
> What do you mean by access kind here.

Data of each column are stored in three BATs.  You can only bind to one BAT at a time.
The value of 'access' determines to which BAT you want to bind. RDONLY (==0): the already persistently stored column data; RD_INS (==1): all data that have been inserted, but not yet committed; RD_UPDATE (==2): I think this one should contain all data that have been delete, but not yet committed. But I'm not completely sure, since there is also something called delta-BAT (dbat), which has something to do with updates...

Regards,

Jennie