[Monetdb-developers] MacPorts Portfiles

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Tue Sep 20 13:29:02 CEST 2011

Hi Rémy,

On 16-09-2011 11:53:53 +0200, Rémy Chibois wrote:
> You'll find attached an archive containing two portfiles for compiling and installing MonetDB using the MacPorts system.
>
> Can you please have a look at it ?

I'm not a MacPorts user, but look at the Portfile thingies every once in
a while.

At first, I like them.  I think they are reasonable, for a complex
package like MonetDB.

Aren't the version numbers missing from the package names?

Why is there no livecheck in the monetdb5 Portfile?

The monetdb5-server package just adds an auto-startup entry, right?  It
doesn't install anything.  Is this regular practice for MacPorts?

> If this is of interest for someone, do you want me to submit this port
> to the MacPorts Project ?

At this time, we don't have the resources to maintain this, but we
encourage getting these into MacPorts proper.  We would appreciate if
you would take maintainership for this, and update the Portfiles as
necessary for newer releases.

Thanks,
Fabian Groffen