[Monetdb-developers] Information request

luca paganotti luca.paganotti at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 09:49:53 CET 2011

Hi Fabian,

the link you gave me is rather outdated, take a look at
http://docs.eiffel.com/book/solutions/eiffelstore for the current docs
about eiffelstore.

Surely I'm talking about interfacing with monetdb which for me is a black
box, I don't know its internals. But taking for example the matisse eiffel
bindings, they do something similar to what I described, besides the
results were not so bad.

I'm not saying that I want now to write eiffel bindings for monetdb, it was
only an example trying to explore some possibilities. I think too that
extending eiffelstore to manage also monetdb could be interesting but has
to be done carefully ...

I'm interested in the C API because I feel much confident with C but if
this can cause troubles I'll fall back to java and jdbc.

Have a nice day.