[Monetdb-developers] Information request

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Fri Nov 18 08:28:19 CET 2011

Hi Luca,

On 18-11-2011 08:20:11 +0100, luca paganotti wrote:
> I'm interested in learning more about monetdb, but I've some difficulties in
> finding the informations I'm searching for.
>
> I would like to learn more about the C API, so I'm searching for some coding
> examples. The only thing I found was presumably an old example (as Stefan
> told me) about mapi usage that unfortunately doesn't work for me with
> monetdb current release (tried both linux and windows releases). I wrote two
> times to the developer list but at the moment no meaningful answer.

I'm affraid the MAPI C-library isn't the best example of a clean and
clear interface.  It has many (hidden) complexities that are mastered
currently only be a few of us.

Perhaps you could explain us in what way you intend to use MAPI.  Maybe
we can give you a start, or suggest you an alternative way to achieve
your goal.