[Monetdb-developers] Installation troubles Mac OSX 10.6.6

Jan Flokstra flokstra at cs.utwente.nl
Wed Feb 2 12:00:37 CET 2011

Hi Fabian,

Thanks, I downloaded the patch and it  solves the first 2 problems. I now have the M4DIRS variable set and nearly all error messages are gone. There is only one left:

configure.ac:152: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
      See the Autoconf documentation.

I googled on this error and there are long of discussion about this, For instance:

http://old.nabble.com/Bug:-%22possibly-undefined-macro:-AC_MSG_ERROR%22-td15811597.html

It looks like some weird version mismatch which is hard to reproduce and leads to frustrating discussions. I will try to update the MacOS autoconf to a newer version and hope this solves the problem,

Regards, Jan.