[Monetdb-developers] monetdbd takes too long to start

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Sat Dec 10 13:15:59 CET 2011

Babis,

since we don't have Ubuntu machines running and (hence) are no Ubuntu
experts, please feel free to replace gethostbyaddr() and gethostbyname() by
getaddrinfo() and getnameinfo() in your local checkout of MonetDB and report
what you experience.

Stefan

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 01:01:15PM +0200, Charalampos Nikolaou wrote:
> Unfortunately, disabling IPv6 still requires exactly the same amount of time.
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Babis
>
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Fabian Groffen <Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl> wrote:

> >> On Ubuntu, is by any chance IPv6 enabled? This could already count for
> >> a 5s resolving time-out, based on the fallback scenario where IPv4 is
> >> used anyway.
> >
> > Could very well be.  It's a Ubuntu-only "feature".

| Stefan.Manegold @ CWI.nl | DB Architectures (INS1) |
| http://CWI.nl/~manegold/ | Science Park 123 (L321) |
| Tel.: +31 (0)20 592-4212 | 1098 XG Amsterdam  (NL) |