[Monetdb-developers] About MonetDB query optimize

xixi 370841374 at qq.com
Fri Sep 17 07:42:33 CEST 2010

Dear all,
   Hello,Recently I am intersting in query optimize, and have know that most database's query optimizing methods contain two :1. Rule Base Optimizer;  2.Cost Base Optimizer. I also know that MonetDB has two-level optimizing ,one is relation algebra optimize and the other is MAL optimize when interprets a sql.
 I understand relation algebra optimize is no relationship with the column-oriented special query optimize.MAL optimizer may be some relationship with the column-oriented special query optimize. So I want to ask :MAL optimize is also contain Rule Base Optimizer and Cost Base Optimizer? which optimizers is the special query optimizer for the column-oriented and not for tuple-oriented database?
 Best regards!