[Monetdb-developers] test missing on pkg-config in clients configure

Jan Rittinger jan.rittinger at uni-tuebingen.de
Sat Oct 9 14:33:09 CEST 2010

On Oct 9, 2010, at 08:16, Fabian Groffen wrote:

> On 09-10-2010 00:24:24 +0200, Jan Rittinger wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I got the following error message due to a missing pkg-config installation—Perhaps there could be a better error message:
>
> Did you get errors from bootstrap?  configure should never hold the
> m4 macros.

No errors with respect to pkg-config:

$ ./bootstrap
configure.in:166: warning: macro `AM_ICONV' not found in library
patching file aclocal.m4
Hunk #1 succeeded at 439 (offset -5947 lines).
configure.in:166: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_ICONV
      See the Autoconf documentation.

I'm also a little bit puzzled that you ask about m4 as the exact line 'PKG_CHECK_MODULES(monetdbtools, monetdb-stream...' is already in configure.ag.