[Monetdb-developers] Obsolete reference to buildtools\conf\winrules.msc

Sander Kruseman kruseman at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 6 11:48:55 CEST 2010

Dear MonetDB team,

I am trying to build a MonetDB client on Windows, following the instructions in "1.24 Building
MonetDB On Windows". In every package's folder named "NT" is a file named "rules.msc" which
references: \..\..\buildtools\conf\winrules.msc. But none of the (nightly or release) tarballs
contains the buildtools folder.

My question: are the tarballs not expected to be built from, and should I choose a different route,
or is the reference obsolete and can I fix this myself until the distro is fixed?

Background: Actually all I need is the file mapilib.lib, in order to be able to use the mapi
programming interface using mapilib.dll. Since this file is not provided, I hope to create it myself
by building the clients component (on Win64).

cheers,
Sander Kruseman