[Monetdb-developers] related to jdbc

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Wed Mar 17 10:07:35 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 08:26:59AM +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 17-03-2010 10:22:33 +0530, anshul gangwar wrote:
> > Yes we are on monetdb/xquery
>
> Then maybe someone else knows how to get the plan, but I don't know.

I (tried to) explain the closed you can get to the final get to see the
final query execution plan for MonetDB/XQuery in my answers to your earlier
questions:

"
Except from choosing algorithms and implementations based on the properties
of operators' actual input(s) at runtime, the physical algebra plan (MIL
program) is executed as is.
Choosing the algorothms and implementations is done inside the operators'
implementations (see e.g., the code in MonetDB/src/gdk/relop.(mx|c)), and
can only be traced by single-stepping the execution in a debugger or by
enabling debugging output via the Mserver commandline option
	--debug=2097152

(see MonetDB4/conf/MonetDB.conf[.in] or <prefix>/etc/MonetDB.conf for all
available debug options.)
"

(see also
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20100308154105.GA11047%40cwi.nl&forum_name=monetdb-developers
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20100311093535.GA14067%40cwi.nl&forum_name=monetdb-developers
)

Unfortunately, there is not (more convenient) way to "visualize" the final
query execution plan for MonetDB/XQuery.

Hope this helps you further.

Stefan