[Monetdb-developers] need help in monetdb

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Mon Mar 8 16:41:05 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 07:26:15PM +0530, anshul gangwar wrote:
> hello
>
>         how can we get the final executed plan i.e at run time in monetdb.
> as pysical-algebra-plan only shows the result after compilation time.
>
> And at runtime what does it acually does i.e after sampling what does it decide
> i.e type of join or others thing also.

Except from choosing algorithms and implementations based on the properties
of operators' actual input(s) at runtime, the physical algebra plan (MIL
program) is executed as is.
Choosing the algorothms and implementations is done inside the operators'
implementations (see e.g., the code in MonetDB/src/gdk/relop.(mx|c)), and
can only be traced by single-stepping the execution in a debugger or by
enabling debugging output via the Mserver commandline option
	--debug=2097152

(see MonetDB4/conf/MonetDB.conf[.in] or <prefix>/etc/MonetDB.conf for all
available debug options.)