[Monetdb-developers] Fw: Re: Fw: Re: Fw: Re: need help in monetdb xquery interface

anshul gangwar anshul1886 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Mar 6 21:28:59 CET 2010

hello,
          I just want to know about current monetdb version. Whether it does any optimization at compile time or not or it fully does at run time only.
where can i get the information about the optimization strategy of monetdb.
May be the specific src code file to refer of monetdb.
can you please refer some research papers on monetdb optimization strategy etc.

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 07:27:09PM +0530, anshul gangwar wrote:

> how can we get the estimate of the size of result of query based on any two attributes with varying rangeAnshul

Well, I guess you'd need to browse the related research literature for
XML/XQuery cost modeling / result size estimation techniques --- however, to
my knowledge that area is not yet as well charted and understood as cost
modeling / result size estimation for relational algebra and SQL.

Of course, the details highly depend on your XML document structure and data
distribution as well as the shape and characteristics of your XQuery queries

> On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 11:32:03AM +0530, anshul gangwar wrote:

| CWI,  P.O.Box 94079 | http://www.cwi.nl/~manegold/  |
| 1090 GB Amsterdam   | Tel.: +31 (20) 592-4212       |
| The Netherlands     | Fax : +31 (20) 592-4199       |