[Monetdb-developers] Fw: Re: need help in monetdb xquery interface

anshul gangwar anshul1886 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Mar 6 14:53:30 CET 2010

--- On Sat, 6/3/10, Stefan Manegold <Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl> wrote:

From: Stefan Manegold <Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl>
Subject: Re: [Monetdb-developers] Fw: Re: need help in monetdb xquery interface
To: "anshul gangwar" <anshul1886 at yahoo.co.in>
Cc: monetdb-developers at lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Saturday, 6 March, 2010, 3:23 PM

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 11:32:03AM +0530, anshul gangwar wrote:

> [...]

MonetDB/XQuery does not provide such feature.

To see the equivalent of the SQL EXPLAIN output, i.e., the MIL plan
generated from your XQuery query, you need to use the Pathfinder stand-alone
compiler "pf"; see
    `pf --help`
and/or
    `pf --fullhelp`
for details.

> so how it simulates histogram features i.e to get that percentage of query etc.

Like MonetDB/SQL also MonetDB/XQuery does not rely on separate statistics
such as histograms.

Stefan

> Please reply as soon as possible.

how can we get the estimate of the size of result of query based on any two attributes with varying range