[Monetdb-developers] Fw: Re: need help in monetdb xquery interface

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Sat Mar 6 10:53:32 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 11:32:03AM +0530, anshul gangwar wrote:

> [...]

MonetDB/XQuery does not provide such feature.

To see the equivalent of the SQL EXPLAIN output, i.e., the MIL plan
generated from your XQuery query, you need to use the Pathfinder stand-alone
compiler "pf"; see
	`pf --help`
and/or
	`pf --fullhelp`
for details.

> so how it simulates histogram features i.e to get that percentage of query etc.

Like MonetDB/SQL also MonetDB/XQuery does not rely on separate statistics
such as histograms.

Stefan