[Monetdb-developers] Fw: Re: need help in monetdb xquery interface

anshul gangwar anshul1886 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Mar 6 07:02:03 CET 2010

--- On Fri, 5/3/10, Martin Kersten <Martin.Kersten at cwi.nl> wrote:

From: Martin Kersten <Martin.Kersten at cwi.nl>
Subject: Re: [Monetdb-developers] need help in monetdb xquery interface
To: "anshul gangwar" <anshul1886 at yahoo.co.in>
Date: Friday, 5 March, 2010, 11:26 PM

anshul gangwar wrote:
> hello ,
>           I want to know whether there is any expression or command or anything equivalent to explain sql construct. Also What is the way to
There is material for you to study on the website:
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/SQL/Documentation/SQL-Runtime-Features.html
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/SQL/Documentation/EXPLAIN-Statement.html#EXPLAIN-Statement
> get histogram statistics i.e way to find that histogram exists on attribute or not through Xquery interface. not through sql .
MonetDB does not rely on separate statistics tables.

>  Please reply as soon as possible.
>
> thank you.

Actually i want the xquery construct equivalent to sql explain construct and
so how it simulates histogram features i.e to get that percentage of query etc.

Please reply as soon as possible.