[Monetdb-developers] specifying NULL when using ODBC param_query

kss ram kssram12 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 17:10:49 CEST 2010

Hello Everyone,

Is there any way to specify a null value when using ODBC param_query, in
case of SQL_Query we do not really end up facing this problem as we build
our own query string and then execute sql_query, sql_query is potentially
unsafe of sql injection attacks, and thus using param_query makes alot of
sense, but param query makes it hard to specify the data type nuetral NULL
value, if we try specifying blank values like 0 in case of number and "" in
case of string, these blank values will end up taking space in the database
and thus would be expensive in terms of memory consumption, a database
specific NULL value would leave the field null with no memory consumption.

Thank you everyone in advance.

kss ram