[Monetdb-developers] [MonetDB-users] Announcement: New Jun2010 feature release of MonetDB suite

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Thu Jul 8 10:16:52 CEST 2010

On 2010-07-08 10:06, Jens Teubner wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Sjoerd Mullender <sjoerd at acm.org> wrote:
>
>> We have decided to retract the Jun2010 release.
>
> Sjoerd,
>
> it seems like the June2010 release has been removed from the download
> site, but no older release has been put there as a replacement.
> Currently, there seem to be no binary packages available for download.

This is only true for Debian/Ubuntu.  The Fedora and Windows binaries
are there.  I'll put the Feb2010-SP2 packages back.

> I think it would be a good idea in general to keep older releases around
> on the download site.  There might be reasons why one wants to download
> one particular outdated release, and I don't think you're that tight on
> storage space that you have to delete old releases.

The reason this isn't done is that the Debian/Ubuntu tools do not
cooperate (or perhaps it is my lack of understanding and willingness to
learn).  When I install a new package, the old version is automatically
removed by the tools.  I don't do it on purpose.

--
Sjoerd Mullender