[Monetdb-developers] confused by Timer/QueryHistory/CallHistory

Mo Zhou mozhou at umail.iu.edu
Mon Feb 8 22:10:18 CET 2010

Besides,the trace statement shows

create function tracelog()
	returns table (
		event integer,		-- event counter
		clk varchar(20), 	-- wallclock, no mtime in kernel
		pc varchar(50), 	-- module.function[nr]
		thread int, 		-- thread identifier
		ticks integer, 		-- time in microseconds
		reads integer, 		-- number of blocks read
		writes integer, 	-- number of blocks written
		rbytes integer,		-- amount of bytes touched
		wbytes integer,		-- amount of bytes written
		type string,		-- return types
		stmt string			-- actual statement executed
	)
	external name sql.dump_trace;

What's the meaning of clk and ticks? How to use them for performance test?
Really sorry that I could not understand the comments.

Thanks,
Mo

--
Thanks,