[Monetdb-developers] Build MonetDB on Linux

zhangyuan zhangyuan at dameng.com
Sat Feb 6 10:38:35 CET 2010

I'm trying to build MonetDB  default branch(HEAD) on Linux, and I have built buildtools, but when I go on
with MonetDB, I met some trouble. When run the ./bootstrap under /MonetDB directory, it produces the following
errors:

[root at node1 MonetDB]# ./bootstrap
automake 1.5 is 1.5 or newer. OK, unless you want to compile with Intel's icc (on Linux), which requires automake
1.7 or newer.
autoconf 2.60 is 2.57 or newer. Good.
libtool 1.5 is 1.4 or newer. Good.
Python 2.5.1 is 2.0.0 or newer. Good.
/root/monetDB/MonetDB/MonetDB
/root/monetDB/MonetDB/MonetDB
/root/monetDB/MonetDB/MonetDB/src
/root/monetDB/MonetDB/MonetDB/src
/root/monetDB/MonetDB/MonetDB
/root/monetDB/MonetDB/MonetDB/src/common
/root/monetDB/MonetDB/MonetDB/src/common
/root/monetDB/MonetDB/MonetDB
/root/monetDB/MonetDB/MonetDB/src/gdk
/root/monetDB/MonetDB/MonetDB/src/gdk
/root/monetDB/MonetDB/MonetDB
/root/monetDB/MonetDB/MonetDB/conf
/root/monetDB/MonetDB/MonetDB/conf
/root/monetDB/MonetDB/MonetDB
You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `conf'.
aclocal: configure.in: 63: macro `AM_MONETDB_XQ_VARS_1' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 66: macro `AM_MONETDB_DEFAULTS' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 69: macro `AM_MONETDB_COMPILER' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 70: macro `AM_MONETDB_TOOLS' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 71: macro `AM_MONETDB_OPTIONS' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 72: macro `AM_MONETDB_UTILS' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 85: macro `AM_MONETDB_LIBS' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 119: macro `AM_MONETDB_XQ_VARS_2' not found in library
[root at node1 MonetDB]#

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

2010-02-06

zhangyuan