[Monetdb-developers] problems in windows intallation

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Mon Feb 1 10:05:12 CET 2010

On 2010-02-01 09:20, zhangyuan wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I want to  build MonetDB on Windows.I have download
> "MonetDB-Nov2009-SuperBall-SP2.tar.bz2" and have carefully checked the
> FAQ and installation guide. I do as the  follow  website said:
> http://monetdb.cwi.nl/SQL/Documentation/Windows-Installation.html, but
> failed to installed;
>
> otherwise,I couldt't find the folder "buildtools"and the
> file "configure.gy" etc.
>
> look forward to your feedbacds and suggestios soon!
>
> Thank you!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> yuan zhang
> zhangyuan at dameng.com <mailto:zhangyuan at dameng.com>

The instructions are based on a CVS checkout of the software, not on the
source tar ball.  In fact, we have never tried building from the source
tar ball on Windows.

When you do get a CVS checkout, be sure to checkout at least buildtools,
MonetDB, clients, and, depending on whether you want SQL or XQyery,
MonetDB5 + sql, or MonetDB4 + pathfinder.

Also, you will want to choose the correct branch, or even tag (specific
version).  For the Nov2009 SP2 release, the tag to use is Nov2009_4.  If
you use the tag Nov2009, you get the latest version of the release
branch, but there are very few, if any, significant changes.

I hope this helps.  Feel free to ask for more information.

--
Sjoerd Mullender