[Monetdb-developers] IMPORTANT: move of MonetDB repository imminent

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Fri Apr 30 22:27:24 CEST 2010

On Monday, May 3, 2010, we are going to move the MonetDB repository over
from the Sourceforge-hosted CVS repository to a Mercurial repository
hosted on dev.monetdb.org.  On March 18 I sent a pre announcement to the
monetdb-developers list (IMPORTANT: changes are afoot). [1]

In particular, the following CVS modules will be converted and moved:
MonetDB, MonetDB4, MonetDB5, buildtools, clients, geom, java,
pathfinder, sql, template, testing.  The other CVS modules that are
hosted at Sourceforge (pf-haskell, pf-tools, xml) will remain there, at
least for now.

This means that as of Monday, the affected modules in the CVS repository
will be made read only (it will remain readable for a long time, just
not writable).  When the move is complete, the repository will open at
the following location:

http://dev.monetdb.org/hg/MonetDB/

This URL can be used to browse the repository using a web browser, and
it can be used as the URL to make a Mercurial clone (hg clone
http://dev.monetdb.org/hg/MonetDB/).  This will be a read-only version
of the repository.

Core developers will get read-write access at the URL

ssh://hg@dev.monetdb.org/MonetDB/

I wrote a document to help with the conversion to Mercurial, both
describing the way to use Mercurial, and how to convert your CVS working
set to a Mercurial clone.  For now (until we find a better place), this
document can be accessed at:

http://homepages.cwi.nl/~sjoerd/downloads/monetdb/MonetDB-Mercurial.html
http://homepages.cwi.nl/~sjoerd/downloads/monetdb/MonetDB-Mercurial.pdf

As part of the move, I will subscribe subscribers to the various monetdb
checkin mailing lists to the new mailing list checkin-list at monetdb.org.
 If you are subscribed to one or more of
monetdb-checkins at lists.sourceforge.net
monetdb-sql-checkins at lists.sourceforge.net
monetdb-pf-checkins at lists.sourcefoge.net
I will subscribe you to the list checkin-list at monetdb.org.  This I will
do on Monday as well, so you should get a message to that effect on Monday.

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4BA239BF.4090307%40acm.org&forum_name=monetdb-developers

--
Sjoerd Mullender