[Monetdb-developers] other optimizer pipelines

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Fri Apr 9 16:49:30 CEST 2010

Wouter,

please note that the bug you reported is (was) not specific to the minimal
optimizer pipeline.  Setting MonetDB environment variable sql_optimizer ---
either in the monetdb5.conf file or on the mserver5 command line to any
(correct and consistent) comma-seperated list of optimizers, rather than
using the pipeline names predefined in monetdb5.conf did trigger the crash
with the second mclient connection.

Hence, a respective test would need to start mserver5 and set the
sql_optimizer variable, either in a (local) monetdb5.conf file ("trick"), or
on the mserver5 command line (e.g., start mserver5 "by hand" in a python
script (preferred) or a shell-&-batch script pair), or by using a respective
MAL command --- I could not fine any, that does this, though.

I'll think about the details...

Stefan

ps: Indeed, running all ("some" means someone would have to make a
    "reasonable" choice --- I wouldn't know where to start nad stop choosing
    ...) SQL tests through multiple (predifined) optimizer pipe-lines or
    even all(?) possible/reasonable combinations of optimizers is
    currently(?) no option, as a night is simply to short for that ...