[Monetdb-developers] Compiler Mapi.h on windows

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Fri Apr 9 15:26:33 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 04:18:32PM +0800, Ken Kao wrote:
> Deal all,
>
>     I have to access data in MonetDB from C++ on windows , so I try to include Mapi.h and Mapi.c
> in my code . But Mapi.h must include many Linux header file (ex: unistd.h) . I can not Compiler my

hm, in my case (latest Feb2010-SP1 release of MonetDB), Mapi.h only includes
stdio.h --- I assume that is also available on Windows, isn't it?

$ grep --color '#include' MonetDB-Feb2010-SuperBall-SP1/MonetDB-client/clients/src/mapilib/Mapi.h
#include <stdio.h>		/* for FILE * */

Which version of MonetDB are you refering to?

Mapi.c does indeed include more headers.
You'd create a similar build enviroment for your code as we do for MonetDB on Windows
(cf., http://monetdb.cwi.nl/MonetDB/Documentation/Windows-Installation.html)
to be able to compile Mapi.c on Windows yourself.

Alternatively, you only include Mapi.h and link to libMapi --- it might
indeed be the case that our installer only provides libMapi.dll, but not
libMapi.lib, while you might need the latter for linking to it.

I'll consult our Windows experts (I'm everything but that myself), and we'll
see whether/when we can/need to include libMapi.lib (and Mapi.h) in our
Windows installers ...

Stefan