[Monetdb-developers] ODBC with MonetDB

Xiao Lei fred.lei.xiao at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 04:38:23 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

I'm trying to insert data into a table of MonetDB from ODBC at windows
platform.

This is the definition of table,

create table tbl1 (id int,dta clob);

insert into tbl1 (id,dta) values(1,'[some thing]......')

Here is the problem,

If the length of [some thing] is bigger than 511, I can not get the entire
result of "dta" from the table with sql sentence like "select * from tbl1".
It would only return some part of the result(front part, like only 80 bytes.
But it would work well if I insert data less than 511 bytes. Can anyone tell
me how to deal with it?

BTW, is there any way that I can use C# directly without ODBC?

Thanks a lot.

--
Best Regards,
Xiao Lei