[Monetdb-developers] regarding execution plan

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Sun Apr 4 23:52:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

as we tried to explain multiple times before, the output you get with debug
mask 2097152 is only useful for debugging the runtime choice/behavior of a
few selected operation.  It is far from complete and does surely not
represent the whole query plan.

Having said that, MonetDB/XQuery does not provide any means to visualize the
execution plan other than the MIL program that the stand-alone XQuery
compiler "pf" produces (see `pf -h` & `pf -H` for details).

Of course, by parsing this MIL program and analysing the data dependencies,
you can easily create a dataflow graph --- if that's what you're after.

Stefan