[Monetdb-developers] Bug- & Test- status assessment: Please help!

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Sun Nov 15 14:26:39 CET 2009

Dear fellow MonetDB developers, Dear MonetDB users,

preparing for the upcming Nov2009 release we spent quite some time and
efford in cleaning-up the "Stable" TestWeb
( cf., http://monetdb.cwi.nl/Development/TestWeb/Stable/ )
and fixing as many open bugs as possible.
Big thansk go to all of you that were actively involved!

To further assess the status of (failing) tests and in particular open bug
reports
( cf.,
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?words=tracker_browse&sort=priority&sortdir=desc&offset=0&group_id=56967&atid=482468&assignee=&status=1&category=&artgroup=&keyword=&submitter=&artifact_id=
)

I ask all of you to

1)
check the open bugs submitted by you,
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?words=tracker_browse&sort=submitted_by&sortdir=desc&offset=0&group_id=56967&atid=482468&assignee=&status=1&category=&artgroup=&keyword=&submitter=&artifact_id=
a) whether there is a test in CVS for this bug or not;
b) whether the problem still occurs, i.e.,
   whether the test still fails, or
   whether the problem still occurs for you with the latest Nov2009 CVS
   code base.
Please report any findings in detail via the bug tracker.

2)
check the open bugs assigned to you
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?words=tracker_browse&sort=assigned_to&sortdir=desc&offset=0&group_id=56967&atid=482468&assignee=&status=1&category=&artgroup=&keyword=&submitter=&artifact_id=
a) whether there is a test in CVS for this bug or not;
b) whether the problem still occurs, i.e.,
   whether the test still fails, or
   whether the problem still occurs for you with the latest Nov2009 CVS
   code base.
Please report any findings in detail via the bug tracker.

3)
check all bug reports closed since Aug2009, whether they are (if applicable)
backed-up by a test in CVS.

4)
check all failing test in the TestWeb
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/Development/TestWeb/Stable/
whether they are documented by a bug report.

Thank you very much in advance!