[Monetdb-developers] OpenSSL header check

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Wed May 20 09:55:04 CEST 2009

Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 20-05-2009 09:43:06 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
>> On 20-05-2009 00:53:23 +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
>>> I was just compiling MonetDB head on this distro called `Debian' (poor
>>> me). In the middle of the compilation I had missing headers. Wouldn't it
>>> be feasible to check for them like we check for PCRE presence?
>> Yes, so please report which headers are missing.

Try it yourself without installing libssl-dev. I guess all ssl headers;
brings me directly to the point that mclient doesn't complain about it.
Resulting in 'we do not support SHA512' when the server was compiled
with OpenSSL and the client without.

> ... and did you try after Stefan's fixes which cover up for my mistakes?

I checked out head yesterday, so unless it wasn't checked it, it didn't
catch it.