[Monetdb-developers] Workaround for JDK6 Bug 6795561

Bram Van Dam bram.vandam at cronos.be
Thu May 7 15:13:33 CEST 2009

Fabian Groffen wrote:
> Do you have any idea what this performance wise does to the driver?  (I
> don't at the moment.)

I don't at the moment either. Haven't had a chance to take an in-depth
look at it. It is possible to make the slice() operation conditional.
The bug report states "Works OK as long as absolute end index is <=
remaining()", so I suppose we could check for this condition. Might be
less of a performance hit than calling slice() every time.

  - Bram