[Monetdb-developers] Mapi wire protocol level 9

Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Thu May 7 13:16:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

As I'm working on changing the password backend of M5 to use hashes
instead of cypher3d clear text passwords[1], I have to bump the wire
protocol level from 8 to 9, since the client will have to construct the
challenge response differently.

Since this is a bump, this is a good time to also incorporate (or
prepara) any other changes that we would like to see in the wire
protocol for the next feature release.

[1] to allow sql to dump users and passwords in a safe manner, the dump
    needs to be able restore passwords from a hash, which are then
	stored in the backend.  Hence the backend needs to work with those
	hashes instead of clear text passwords, as it currently does.