[Monetdb-developers] [Monetdb-sql-checkins] sql/src/backends/monet5 sql.mx, , 1.321, 1.322 sql_scenario.mx, , 1.337, 1.338

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Sat Mar 7 23:13:59 CET 2009

On 07-03-2009 23:09:13 +0100, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> >> The code was added to have last_id support within the ODBC interface;
> >> required for phpBB compatibility.
> >
> > Weird, ODBC already knows it, and more reliable, via the response of
> > Q_UPDATE.  I think it was already implemented in ODBC even?  It's
> > available in mapilib, using mapi_get_last_id.
>
> mapi_get_last_id is not used in the odbc sources. And Q_UPDATE denotes:
>
>          case Q_UPDATE:          /* Q_UPDATE */
>                  /* result count generating query */

Yes, but for ODBC it was extended also to return the generated number of a
sequence (key) as second field.  Last week I implemented the use of this
field in JDBC.

> So I don't know if you were thinking about something else. I am still
> fighting with cvs to get my patches in diff -u format. Hence the
> previous off by one screwup.

I'm pretty sure the information is already there, and that ODBC should
use that information instead of a separate query which is prone to
transaction race conditions and more.  I was under the impression the
extra information was added because ODBC needed it.