[Monetdb-developers] [Monetdb-sql-checkins] sql/src/backends/monet5 sql.mx, , 1.321, 1.322 sql_scenario.mx, , 1.337, 1.338

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Sat Mar 7 23:09:13 CET 2009

Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 07-03-2009 21:41:21 +0000, Stefan de Konink wrote:
>> This code adds the last_id variable to MonetDB5/SQL to implement 'in SQL'
>> access to the last updated sequence, in a similar fashion as the @@IDENTITY
>> found in MSSQL. For future compatibility a procedure like get_last_row_id()
>> found in other databases, this function would have to return the variable
>> found. The variable is updated when m->last_id is updated.
>>
>> The code was added to have last_id support within the ODBC interface;
>> required for phpBB compatibility.
>
> Weird, ODBC already knows it, and more reliable, via the response of
> Q_UPDATE.  I think it was already implemented in ODBC even?  It's
> available in mapilib, using mapi_get_last_id.

mapi_get_last_id is not used in the odbc sources. And Q_UPDATE denotes:

         case Q_UPDATE:          /* Q_UPDATE */
                 /* result count generating query */

So I don't know if you were thinking about something else. I am still
fighting with cvs to get my patches in diff -u format. Hence the
previous off by one screwup.