[Monetdb-developers] [MonetDB-users] Deployment of MonetDB

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Wed Jun 24 15:36:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

do your Ubuntu & Fedora machine(s) have the same hardware as your SuSE
machine?

On Ubuntu and Fedora, are you using our installers/RPMs or did you compile
yourself? If the latter, how?

How did you compile MonetDB on SuSE?

In case MonetDB crashes due to a yet unexplored problem only on SuSE, but
not on Ubuntu & Fedora under similar conditions (same hardware, same
workload, same compiler (-version), etc.), it might be a SuSE related
problem and just using SuSE RPMs (which are obviously only compiled on a
SuSE system) might not help --- of course it the prerequisit to find out ...

How did/does MonetDB crash (reproducibly?) on SuSE?
Any error messages?

Assuming smae hardware and configure- / compiler- options, how big is the
performance difference (only?) due to better hardware (RAID) drivers on
SuSE?

Stefan