[Monetdb-developers] problems with starting the monetDB4xquery server

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Thu Jun 4 22:22:06 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 10:02:42PM +0200, Mtekel wrote:
> Hello, I have carefully read the link you have sent me. Too bad comments are
> closed.

Comments are allowed, provided you are logged in with your SF account.
"Anonymous" coomets are not possible by design.

> I have now uninstalled my 20090424 version and installed the newest
> 20090530. However I still have problems running the server.
>
> The 2009 4 24 version wouldn't start even after loading all the modules by
> hand from the Mserver interactive commandline - nor the client or browser
> would connect. They would just hang, connecting forever.
>
> Now this works for the 05 30 version, but I can't use the web interface
> (which now works) for adding the files - I get a bug (I'm not sure If I am
> allowed to send attachements, so I'll include them in the next mail).
>
> Adding from commandline, mclient --language=xquery -I %1 -C WOcollection <
> %1 , where %1 is filename, works, but the collection name is %1 WOcollection
> (e.g. three different files end up in different collections instead of one).
>
> What is more interresting, if I try to run pf:add-doc("DATA_wo3.xml",
> "DATA_wo3.xml", "WOcollection", 1) from the client's interactive
> commandline, I get this error (no matter where the file really is):
>
> MAPI  = monetdb at localhost:50000
> QUERY = pf:add-doc("DATA_wo3.xml", "DATA_wo3.xml", "WOcollection", 1)
> ERROR = !ERROR: interpret: no matching MIL operator to 'ws_create(int)'.

There is a small mistake in my suggetsed work-around to load all modules
individually. Module "mapi" must beloaded as last one (i.e., after module
"pathfinder") not as first one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

> I have run procmon and created trace as described in the link, the file is
> attached (to the second mail).

Thanks.

Stefan