[Monetdb-developers] stable xq testweb

Peter Boncz P.Boncz at cwi.nl
Sun Feb 8 12:05:17 CET 2009

Hi,

(the below analyis of the Stable XQ testweb is not an implicit request for
anybody to do something, I just share it here so you will not do double
work)

Recently I checked in some fixes.
- Because I have the suspicion that certain scripts at NFI may still use
hard commits, I redefined the commit() in module pathfinder to giving an
error.
- I also added pflock_trycommit(), as part of the change (hack?) to ensure
that checkpoint flushes occur only on an idle system.

This led me to expect the Stable testweb in detail today.

My new commit() error policy causes the following tests to display different
output:

benchmarks/XPath*/import_doc
benchmarks/XMark*/import_doc
benchmarks/Music*/import_doc
tests/BugsViaSourgeforce/ ID.1078462_import
tests/Standoff/video/import_doc
tests/W3C_use_cases/XQUF/AddressBook/check_docs
tests/i18n/import_doc
tests/WebSite/voc

I think what we could do is to substitute the commit() by a pf_logflush(0LL)
, although simply omitting the "commit();"should also work.

The pflock_trycommit() new command obviously alsoshows up in some tests.
However, I also saw time-, standoff- and pf-tjah related output that
probably can be approved:

modules/pftijah/procs
runtime/sigs
runtime/procs

No to the oher differences (ignoring xrpc and W3c/qn/ns which AFAIK has
always failed)..

The below use recursive functions for which we maybe could add 'declare
option pf:recursion-depth "<number>";??

tests/BugTracker/Alignment_error.SF-1886994
tests/BugTracker/recursive_function.SF-1835745
tests/BugTracker/pf-O0_produces_wrong_MIL.SF-1771532
tests/BugTracker/posjoin_null_BAT_2nd_run.SF-1678948
tests/BugTracker/error-KO2.SF-1562868
recursion_type_error.SF-1579524
tests/BugsViaSourgeforce/ID.1652527
tests/W3C_use_cases/XQ/PARTS/Q1[x]
tests/W3C_use_cases/XQ/TREE/Q[1,6]
tests/W3C_use_cases/XQUF/Parts/q3b[12]
tests/WebSite/books2,3
tests/XQuery/fun1,4

which leaves us with 6 the following suspect regressions:

tests/BugTracker/replace-corrupts.SF-1758902
tests/BugTracker/1637867.xq
tests/BugTracker/1pagedoc.SF-2141012
tests/BugTracker/Zombie_document.SF-2009556
tests/W3C_use_cases/XQUF/AddressBook/check_docs
tests/Update/insert_test_order_seq