[Monetdb-developers] MonetDB/XQuery on Ruby with DataMapper

Gabriele Modena G.Modena at cwi.nl
Tue Dec 1 15:25:35 CET 2009

On 30 Nov 2009, at 18:15, Tinco Andringa wrote:

> Darn, just when I decided to announce my port of the monetdb-ruby-sql
> gem to xquery, you release a fix of your own :P Anyway it's here:
>
> http://github.com/d-snp/ruby-monetdb-xquery

Hi Tinco!
Nice to hear you are interested in monetdb/ruby :)

> There's still some differences between the official one and mine, I
> think mine handles errors a bit more gracefully, but it could be I
> missed something. I will look at the other changes as soon as possible
> to see if mine has any odd behaviour.

 I will have a look at your implementation and see if we can merge the effort.

> In the following weeks I will be working on making XQuery and MonetDB
> work on DataMapper (since DataMapper is a nicer framework than
> ActiveRecord, and also ActiveRecord depends heavily on SQL)

That is also very nice to hear since I am personally fond of DataMapper!

I would suggest to have a look at data objects [0] first, since it seems a unified way to
deal with interfaces under DM.

[0] http://rubyforge.org/projects/dorb