[Monetdb-developers] [Monetdb-checkins] clients/src/python/tests - New directory

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Tue Apr 21 09:44:53 CEST 2009

Gijs Molenaar wrote:
> Stefan Manegold wrote:

>>> Sorry guys, this is my first experience with cvs.
>>>
>> no problem --- we are here to help!
>>
>> speaking of it:
>> shall I remove client/src/python/Tests & client/src/python/Cimpl ?
>>
> yes please.

This exercise resulted in a directory Tests with the contents of your
new tests directory.  It also results in these messages when I now
update in the src/python directory (using Cygwin):
09:38:54+ cvs up
cvs update: Tests/dbapi20.py is no longer in the repository
cvs update: Tests/test_capabilities.py is no longer in the repository
cvs update: Tests/test_monetdb_sql_capabilities.py is no longer in the
repository
cvs update: Tests/test_monetdb_sql_dbapi20.py is no longer in the repository
U tests/dbapi20.py
U tests/test_capabilities.py
U tests/test_monetdb_sql_capabilities.py
U tests/test_monetdb_sql_dbapi20.py

This results in a Tests (not tests) directory with those new files.  And
this every time I do an update.

This, of course, is unacceptable, so I'm afraid the tests directory has
to be renamed to something else.

Gijs, don't feel bad.  I seem to be the only one here who triggers on
these types of clashes, and I also miss them sometimes.

Live and learn.

--
Sjoerd Mullender