[Monetdb-developers] FreeBSD port of MonetDB Feb2009-SP1 release

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Mon Apr 13 11:18:07 CEST 2009

Hi George,

On 13-04-2009 00:19:50 +0000, George Cox wrote:
> I've just finished my first attempt at creating some ports files for the
> installation of MonetDB on FreeBSD. I've put them up at:
>
>     http://www.gjvc.com/software/freebsd/ports/monetdb/
>
> Please have a look and let me know what you think.  Things to do include (but
> not limited to :-)) are:

I had a quick look at your MonetDB-Java package, and I noticed this:

JAVA_VERSION=   1.2+

If this is what I think it is (Java version required) then this feels
incorrect.  IMO we use 1.4 stuff for JDBC, and 1.5 stuff for XRPC.

Also, it seems Diablo 1.5 isn't available for FreeBSD 7.1, only 1.6 so
you can only build XRPC.  Looking in your plist it appears to be the
case that you only include XRPC.  I know this is a hell packaging
wise...