[Monetdb-developers] MonetDB/XQuery & MonetDB/SQL : how can i find the two jar-archives MonetDB JDBC driver (i couldn't find them after intallation)

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Mon Sep 22 16:34:14 CEST 2008

Hello Clarisse,

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 02:31:08PM +0200, Clarisse Kagoyire wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed MonetDB/SQL and I would like to use the JDBC Driver but i
> could not find none of the two jar-archives (monetdb-X.Y-jdbc.jar and
> jdbcclient.jar) in the directory share/MonetDB/lib.
> Please can you tell me where i can get them?

You can download the monetdb-X.Y-jdbc.jar (X.Y currently equals to 1.8) form
the MonetDB web site at
	http://monetdb.cwi.nl/Download/

The jdbcclient.jar is no longer officially distributed; however, you can
download it from our nightly builds at
	http://monetdb.cwi.nl/Download/Builds/
	 -> 'CVS release branch("Stable")'
	 -> '0_release/'
	 -> 'JARs/'
aka.
	http://monetdb.cwi.nl/testing/projects/monetdb/Stable/.DailyBuilds./0_release/JARs/

> (actually I was only using MonetDB/Xquery, but as i wanted to run some
> porgramme written in java, i also installed monetdb/SQL to get the
> MonetDB JDBC Driver. )

Please note that JDBC is designed and made for SQL; the MonetDB JDBC
Driver's support for XQuery is very limited.

Stefan