[Monetdb-developers] MoneDB/XQuery problem (importing a module, http access)

Clarisse Kagoyire kagoyire19334 at itc.nl
Mon Sep 15 12:58:32 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am a student in GeoInformatics at ITC(International Institute for
Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation) and I have just started
using MonetDB/XQuery for my MSc Research project. But I am facing some
problems and your help will be really appreciated:

1. Whenever I try to use any of the options available in the
Administrative GUI(like adding, deleting documents, list
collections,...), I get an error message. Here is an example of the
error returned if I try to list collections:

!ERROR: "collections execution failed at the remote side"

!ERROR: HTTP/1.1 404
!ERROR: HTTP Response:

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<env:Envelope
xmlns:env="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><env:Body><env:Fault
><env:Code><env:Value>env:Sender</env:Value></env:Code><env:Reason><env:
Text
<http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><env:Body><env:Fault><env:Code
><env:Value>env:Sender</env:Value></env:Code><env:Reason><env:Text>
xml:lang="en">xquery_module_load: could not load module.

Due to earlier error:
parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end on line 1, column 0
parse error: XQuery parsing failed
</env:Text></env:Reason></env:Fault></env:Body></env:Envelope>

Note that I can do this (add documents, delete,list...) without any
problem using the mclient XQuery.(I think that it's a problem of HTTP
access, but I couldn't fix it)

2. Another problem is that I cannot make use of XQuery module, because
whenever I import a module i get an error. Here is an example of a
simple xquery module from the tutorial that I was tried to import:

-the XQuery module saved in E:\Program
Files\CWI\MonetDB4\share\MonetDB\xrpc\export\xrpc-mod.xq

	module namespace foo = "xrpc-test-function";

	declare function foo:add($v1 as xs:integer, $v2 as xs:integer)
as xs:integer

	{

	$v1 + $v2

	};

-on mclient, I typed the following to import the module:

"http://127.0.0.1:50001/export/xrpc-mod.xq
<http://127.0.0.1:50001/export/xrpc-mod.xq> ";

	>test:add(100, 200)

Which returned also an error: !parse eroor: error parsing module....

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you , Clarisse K.